BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God's Word is for Everyone (Let's Go!)

About a month ago I was reminded of a very important bit of information: God's word is for everyone. Everyone young and old, rich and poor need to hear about God's mercy and grace. Where exactly was I reminded of this very important message? Vacation Bible School. I worked as a game coordinator for all of the VBS students. Each day there was a new message. On Wednesday, the message was "God's word is for everyone". As a games coordinator, my job was to work that phrase into my game instructions and after I said it, the kids were supposed to yell "Let's go!" as loud as they could. Ever since that Wednesday, that simple phrase has been stuck in my head.

As basic as the statement "God's word is for everyone" seems to be, we, as Christians, tend to forget what that really means. God's word is for everyone. It's easy to be selective when we evangelize. I often find myself searching for people I know will listen to what I have to say. I take the easy way. Can you see the flaw? Usually the people that won't listen are the ones that are hurting or afraid and need Jesus to help them through their hard situation.

You'd be surprised who God is calling you to share His glory with. I read a fellow blogger's post about how she went out to her local park and promised to witness to whomever she met in the park that day. She prayed that God would bring people who needed Him to her. The first people she met where a group of burly construction workers. She kept true to her promise and soon discovered that these men, although quite intimidating, needed Christ in their lives and were more than willing to talk to her about His glory.

Don't be afraid! Get out there!

In His Service,

Jillian

jillianlangford@sbcglobal.net

0 comments: